- From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj ximian com>
- To: miguel ximian com
- Cc: setup-tool-hackers ximian com
- Subject: Report, 20010112
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:49:16 +0100
Since friday, I've:
- Added a cache to be_locate_tool(). This means that locating a system
utility, like fstab, swapon or diff, can be done repeatedly without
compromising speed. Also, the tool will only report success/failure once
per utility, instead of once per locate. Backends no longer need to
store the result from be_locate_tool() in their own variables.
- Added a new function, be_run(). This replaces most calls to system() in the
backends. It locates the first word in the string to be run (so you don't
have to specify a path) and redirects output so it doesn't interfere with
the backend's operation.
- Gone over the backends and changed as many instances of system() as I could
find, to be_run(). Paths were even hardcoded in some places, so everything
should be a lot more robust now.
- Added progress output on --set to all backends, and made the --get progress
more sane in some cases. So the progressbars won't just jump from 0% to
- Added Jacob and Anna to the AUTHORS file.
- Updated copyright headers: "Helix Code" -> "Ximian", "2000" -> "2000-2001".
- Updated e-mail addresses: "helixcode.com" -> "ximian.com".
- Had a couple of beers and flipped through two books of "erotic photography"
(i.e. porn) with a friend.
- Had my picture taken, wearing a German WWII helmet.
] [Thread Prev