Archiver

I've been looking at the archiver lately, and have some comments and
questions.

Originally, I'd hoped it could be like the other tools, e.g. a
backend/frontend/interface combination fitting neatly into the current
framework, with an XML configuration format. Obviously, since this is a
meta-tool, there would be some exceptions (notably more commandline options),
but I think it would work out nicely.

Does the archiver reside in $(PKG)/archiver/ and not in $(PKG)/src/archiver/
because this is deemed impossible? Could it be done? Right now it sticks out
a bit, at least in my mental model.

Also, how do I list the recognized backends and locations with
helix-archiver? How is this list populated when the package is installed?

Lastly, how much work will it take to make it a completely usable part of the
HST package (I've read the TODO, but more detail on how it works with the
rest of the package would be nice)? What do we need to focus on, and who's
going to do this? I'm willing to look into it if it's not possible for
someone more qualified (i.e. Bradford), but I would need some help to do it
efficiently.

--
Hans Petter