Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] debian/ dir for the xst cvs

* Bastien Nocera (hadess@hadess.net) wrote :
> Hi,
>
> Here is the debian dir for the xst, unpack in the top source dir.
> http://hadess.net/files/patches/xst-0.2.1-debian.tar.gz
>
> Todo:
> mark files in /etc/* as config files (should I?)
If they _are_ config files, yeah. (Those of you who don't follow
debian packaging creation, marking a file as a conffile means
that when the package is updated, dpkg checks to see whether the
two files are different, and gives the user the option of
keeping the old version or installing a new version.)
> add more dependencies
and how about some build dependencies and debian menu entries?
You should also take dh_suidregister out of the rules file -
it's being handled differently now, and dh_suidregister just
gives nasty warnings and does nothing:
dh_suidregister: This program is obsolete and may be safely
removed from your rules file.

good to see this being done :)
cheers,
-Thom