[Setup-tool-hackers] new idea -- LVM tool

Hello all,
	I wanted to run an idea past you and see what you thought.  First off
let me say I am pretty new to C but I have some good programming
experience in other languages (java, perl, etc).
The idea was for an LVM controll, to be able to controll servers and
desktops with LVM from one central place.  I have just recently dove
into the gnome, libbonobo, libxml and CORBA docs and was wondering if
the backend would be hard to write with these libraries.  I don't fully
understand how it all works together, is libbonobo or CORBA similar to
java's RMI?
So anyway, I would love some feedback and/or even links to docs that I
should be pouring over to learn more about how the gnome libs work.

Thanks
Matthew Brichacek