Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Introducing

Quoting Diego Gonzalez (dggonz@yahoo.com):
> On 15 Aug 2001 23:20:38 +0300, Diego Delgado Lages wrote:
> > Quoting Diego Gonzalez (dggonz@yahoo.com):

> i have another idea, let me explain first how the client works:
>
> 	the client has a direct connection to postgres (libpq the client
> library can work from any platform: Java, C, C++, ODBC, Windows, Unix,
> MacOS ...), an it has another connection to the GIS, the console passes
> the configuration/control actions to the machines trogught the GIS, as
> the GIS is modular (everything is in plugins), you could provide a pure
> CORBA plugin to send the actions. You could use the rest of the system.
>
> What do you think about this?

	Well,

	Confused, but seems fine. Let me understand it first and then give more
feedback, but seems fine for me. The only problem that I see is that it must
have postgres(and so far, only postgres). I'd like to eliminate postgres(or
other SQL database) if possible. Postgres is somewhat heavy, and, for example,
I wouldn't install this configuration program in my production database
server(a postgres one).

	Please, give sometime to understand all the stuff, and we come back to
discuss everything. Fine?

	Best regards,

	Diego Lages

> Diego