Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] [HST] Plans for coming week - please read

On 8 Nov 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > - Buttons that don't complete an action immediately, but starts an interface
> >   procedure, like a dialog, should have "..." tacked to the end of their
> >   names.
>
> I am not sure this is actually useful nowadays.  Although a nice idea
> in principle, nobody ever depends on this on their day to day life.
> It is not a user interface feature that provides any real advantage.

This lets the user know what to expect from a button's behaviour. Some
take immediate action and some will take you to a new window, asking for
more information. It's just an extra bit of information, and I see no harm
on displaying it.

Greetings,
Arturo