Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Users - design proposal

Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

> To avoid NIS configuration confusing users, the tab should only show up in
> advanced mode.

And of course if you are actually running NIS :)  I need to do some work
to return the user information from the NIS maps, and then make it
editable (I have a horrible feeling this will have to be done on the NIS
server - i.e it will have to run on the nis server ... in our place
that's fine (30k users) as the machine has the ability to run X
applications (the box's other use in our machine room is 'ohmygod its
broken I need an xterm').  Some work may need to be done in the future
to address this, perhaps by allowing the backend to run on one machine
and the frontend on another, but I think we should get it all working
locally first.

As for sys admin testing, I guess I can count &)

Cheers

Andrew

--
Andrew Rawlins - University of Southampton Computing Services
Research Systems Support and Development