Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] fun networking stuff

On 17 Jan 2001 15:48:36 -0500, jacob berkman wrote:
> So, there are some fun things in the network front end.
>
> For reference:
>
> http://primates.ximian.com/~arturo/xst/images/networking.gif
>
> What I'd like to discuss is how the activate / deactivate is going to work.
>
> There are a few options:
>
> 1.  Do nothing until apply in the main window
> 2.  Call network-conf --activate eth0 without applying changes

I'd go for 2, or 1. In the status column we can have something like
"to be activated" or something similar.

> 3.  Call network-conf --activate eth0, applying all changes first

We should not apply changes, if the user has not requested it.
If he cancels, the dialog he would get the impression that nothing
was saved.

> 4.  Prompt the user, requiring that all changes get applied before activating the interface

nah. Telling a user "Please click this other button before clicking the
button you've just hit"
does not make sense.