Report, 20010121

Since last report, I've:

- Tried to have my laptop serviced. It's approaching "practically useless" at
  an alarming pace. The system clock doesn't survive a shutdown, the CD tray
  ejects randomly (even mounted CDs), and the biggest problem: The screen has
  grown faint and taken on a reddish hue. Realized this servicing would take
  too much time (something about getting parts), and got it back. While this
  was happening, I tried to keep up correspondence from borrowed
  Windows-driven PCs and an ssh login to the mailserver I use.

- Fixed a problem in nameresolution-conf.in. It shouldn't write the host's
  DNS domain to /etc/defaultdomain. Upcoming network-conf.in should inherit
  this fix.

--
Hans Petter