Re: Using sysprof with 64bits linux

Le 06/05/2017 à 22:21, Christian Hergert a écrit :
I have tried both the old style version on my antique unbuntu 12.04 and
the new 3.34.1 on ubuntu 17.10. On this last one, the capture stored here
  http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/sysprof-lyx.png
shows the kind of result that I obtain when looking at the src/lyx
process. I doubt that all the action happens in some weird kernel
function...

Can you try recording with `sudo perf record` and then display the
recording with `sudo perf report`? I'm curious if you get different
output than we are displaying. If so, we definitely need to investigate
a bug. If not, we need to improve kernel perf :)

I have done that (keeping the -O2 optimization level). The perf report -g output is reasonable:
 http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/perf-record.png

What shall I do from there (other than switching to perf, of course :)?

JMarc