[Straw] NEW branch gobjectify

Hello! I created a branch called gobjectify. This branch will contain
refactorings towards using GObject for signals and hopefully remove our
home-grown event dispatching code. Reasons for this are:

 1. To identify what events make sense and where to put them. This also
 minimizes the number of events and make sure that those events are really
 necessary for proper operation.
 2. Delegate signal propagation and handling to GLib.
 3. Moving to GObjects also helps with multi-threading, particularly with
 regards to GTK+ and python threading.
 4. A cleaner way for MVP/MVC events. GTK+ Views will have an easier way
 to listen for events since they are just GObjects.

Please let me know if you have more suggestions as far as design and
enhancements go or whatever.

Cheers,

jan

--
To kill time is not murder, it's suicide. -William James, psychologist and
philosopher (1842-1910)