Re: Sponsoring GUADEC 2018

Hi Jeff,

Apologies if you've already got back to Alberto with this, but was
wondering if you'd had any further thoughts on the below?

Thanks,
Neil
On Fri, 2018-04-13 at 15:49 +0200, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
Hey Jeff,

A dozen developers is probably one of the best contributions you can
make for the event really. This is what really makes GUADEC tick so
forward our thanks to Todd on that commitment alone.

I think we should start with the budget that you have available and
we can look at the options we could put together from there?

Hi folks,
I'm planning out Purism's events attendance and sponsorships, and
while we have pretty limited resources for this (sending a dozen
team members to attend the core days and hackfests/BoFs is going to
be brutally expensive!), I'd like to sponsor GUADEC again this
year.

I was wondering if we should do something a bit like last year
where we had a time-limited exhibit table at the social event
night, or if it's better to have a core days exhibit table in the
venue's hall this year. You tell me! Essentially the difference
this time is that we should have phone dev kits (or maybe even
prototypes, who knows) available to demo and to let people play
with, to show the current status with the GNOME-based phone
platform and shell, how GNOME Builder can be used with it, etc.

As usual we don't have requirements to have access to a swag bag,
to be featured on conference apparel, to have access to a job wall,
to have our logo stamped everywhere, etc.

Additionally we could donate one or two phone development kits to
the Foundation to raffle off (disclaimer: subject to availability
of those units of course, but the timing _should_ work in theory),
if you'd be interested. If you have only one raffle event it would
be one device, if you have one raffle per day then we could provide
one for each. You can choose to raffle at no cost for attendees, or
to sell raffle tickets for the benefit of the foundation (hopefully
you can make a massive profit out of it :)

I'm just throwing some ideas out there, to help support the event
in ways that wouldn't feel out of place in an intimate event like
GUADEC. Feel free to make a proposal with the above or with other
ideas you might have that you think would best suit the atmosphere
of event and venue!

Looking forward to seeing you in Almería,
Jeff