GUADEC 2018

Hello Barton,

How are you? Please let me introduce you to Neil (on CC) our Executive Director.

A lot has happened since we spoke last year about GNOME.

Since we have a new situation, meaning, Ubuntu shipping GNOME and Canonical focusing on integration and polishing rather than heavy development, the underlying desktop and a lot of the OS infrastructure that runs the sputnik program is heavy lifted cooperatively by the GNOME community nowadays. I was wondering if Dell would reconsider their explicit support to the GNOME community through sponsoring GUADEC, our annual event.

The money is used not just to make GUADEC happen, but there is a surplus that we use to fund hackfests throughout the year, as an example we are running a GNOME performance hackfest in Cambridge next month to improve battery life and general resource consumption by the core GNOME desktop.

Here's a link to the brochure for this years' edition with all the different levels and prices:
Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz