[Snowy] Is snowy not developed?

Hi,

    I came across snowy just yesterday though i have been using gnome
for a log time and know about tomboy. I didn't focus much on it. But now
I have a requirement were in I need some thing similar to what snowy
provides. I downloaded the code for git repo and tried to install.

1. the INSTALL file says that django 1.2 is required for snowy to work
were as the current version is at 1.5. When i followed the instructions
and tried to syncdb i get an error related to hashcompact lib. I figured
out that these 3 files use the lib.

https://bitbucket.org/ubernostrum/django-registration/pull-request/17/use-hashlib-instead-of-deprecated/diff

snowy/lib/gravatar/templatetags/gravatar.py

from django.utils.hashcompat import md5_constructor
from hashlib import md5

url = "%savatar/%s/?" % (GRAVATAR_URL_PREFIX,
md5_constructor(email).hexdigest())

url = "%savatar/%s/?" % (GRAVATAR_URL_PREFIX, md5(email).hexdigest())

snowy/lib/gravatar/templatetags/gravatar_tags.py

from django.utils.hashcompat import md5_constructor
from hashlib import md5

url = "%savatar/%s/?" % (GRAVATAR_URL_PREFIX,
md5_constructor(email).hexdigest())

url = "%savatar/%s/?" % (GRAVATAR_URL_PREFIX, md5(email).hexdigest())

after doing these changes I don't get the error.

2. I get a new error which says
DatabaseError: (1170, "BLOB/TEXT column 'claimed_id' used in key
specification without a key length")

I have no idea of how to fix it.

Is any one maintaining the package? if so then can they update the
package to be compatible with django 1.5? and consider the changes?

Thanks and Regards,
Bhuvan