Re: [Snowy] [tomboy-list] Helping Tomboy users of Ubuntu One

Stuart,

My take is that it is a very good thing to have Ubuntu host a server. I believe it gives users a sense of "completeness" and ease when storing notes. I know Snowy is hosted by GNOME, but never was promoted and was by invite only.

Currently I'm for promoting Rainy instead of Snowy. (1) It has an active developer, (2) it is using a more common programming language than Snowy.

So with all that said I would like to see Ubuntu continue to support a sync server for Tomboy and the Tomboy community can help this be accomplished. Secondly I would like to see a polished solution for self hosting Tomboy. Maybe this would include the Rainy project that could be deployed in OpenStack or Amazon, things like that. Additionally we will soon be supporting Dropbox. I don't have a timeframe on this, but it's in the works.

We would have to talk with Dynalon, but he might be able to crank out support for u1db by end of January.

Jared