Re: [Snowy] Snowy FAQ & alpha invite email

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started working on an email we could send to those who we invite to
> the upcoming alpha test and it also morphed into a FAQ.  (Yes, I'm
> feeling very optimistic the Sysadmin team will get our VM up for us so
> we can launch the alpha!

Woo!

> I've attached a text file with the first draft of the email.  It has a
> couple of FIXME's at the beginning that I'll update when we get closer
> with how to create an account and configure Tomboy and then the FAQ.

One thing I noticed is that you talk about how the local Tomboy notes
are safe.  This really isn't true.  A bug on the server could easily
cause a user to lose local notes.  So we should include information
about how to regularly back up your notes (maybe share a command to
toss in cron or something).

> I've also put the FAQ on the wiki here:
> http://live.gnome.org/Snowy/SnowyFAQ

Cool.  I'm moving this to http://live.gnome.org/Snowy/FAQ and am going
to start doing some editing.

> I'm usually a fairly dry writer, so I've tried to inject some humor into
> the FAQ - if any of it is not funny, please just update the wiki and
> I'll migrate that into the email when we're closer.  Oh, and check to
> make sure the content is right too.  :)

I like the humor!  Thanks for getting this started.

This all reminds me that we need to decide how we're going to create
these accounts.  Part of me wants to make sure we get heavy testing on
the OpenID account creation process, but I'm not sure if there's an
easy way to prevent unwanted folks from making accounts in this way.

Sandy