Re: [Snowy] Very basic HTML5 app to talk to the Snowy API

On 04/18/2010 05:10 AM, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> This is ridiculously cool.  Stuart, you are a madman!
>
> We need to take a look at enabling some other auth methods in piston
> besides OAuth so we can support this.  Also, I noticed the hard-coded
> URLs are U1-specific.  According to the spec, all URLs should be
> derived initially from the root URL.  I've retconned the wiki to
> mention this:

(guilty look) I forgot that bit :)

> http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Synchronization/REST
>
> Anyone who'd like to work on merging this into Snowy (along with our
> XSL to get pretty output) would get mad props!

This, the XSL bit, might not be as easy as you were thinking.

There seems to be a bug in Webkit's XSL processor.

http://kryogenix.org/random/webkit-xsl-bug.html demonstrates said bug.
It works in Firefox (and the same transformation works in libxml2 in
Python, obviously.)

Filed against Chromium as
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=41908.

Since the HTML5 app is primarily destined for Android and iPhone, and
those platforms use Webkit, just running the XSL will hit the above
problem. It may be possible to rewrite the XSL to avoid the problem; I
am nowhere near good enough at XSL to do so, but if someone else does,
that'd be great.

sil