Re: [Shotwell] Enhance face detection

Hello.
In https://valadoc.org/opencv/index.htm there is a vapi to link direct
from vala to opencv without c/c++ in the middle. Some considerations:
First, it use OpenCV 2 which cannot detect automatically the presence
of a graphic card capable to use OpenCL.
Second, in the last stable Debian the OpenCV3 is not available yet. So
it would not be possible to easily compile it in Debian.
In the vapi, the functions about matrix eigenvalues to recognize
specific person faces are available too.

I'm working in a new user experience -
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/shotwell/issues/13 - for faces. If you
work in bring the OpenCV3 to valadoc and use that vapi in shotwell
probably we will not work in the same lines of code and we will not
have much work in a merge.

Phako, some time ago in a pull-request you mentioned that the use of
c++ is not a big issue. Is ok to Narendra work in the use of the
OpenCV vapi in shotwell now?

Bye,
Ricardo.