Re: [Shotwell] My post on face recognition in shotwell

Thanks for the feedback Jens. I will push the change in a day or two.
On Wednesday, 22 August, 2018, 2:14:34 AM IST, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:

On Tue, 2018-08-21 at 21:12 +0200, Jens Georg wrote:
> > > Any idea why debian does not include the dnn module in the opencv
> > > package?
> >
> > Not really. I am downloading the build infra for the Debian opencv
> > and
> > see what I can do. It seems that the opencv-contrib package only
> > contains the shared libs, but there is no development package for
> > the
> > respective header files.
> >
> > I will see what is possible.
>
> I wanted to contact the debian maintainer/uloader of the OpenCV
> package. it was disabled in debian git without any reason given.
>
> You can use the flatpak, it has dnn enabled, but it currently doesn't
> find the helper, I'm still looking into that.

Narendra, the binary is owning the "wrong" name pattern for the
flatpak, it should own "org.gnome.Shotwell.Faces" - or even better
"org.gnome.Shotwell.Faces1" otherwise the sandbox will not allow it
without further configuration