Re: [Shotwell] Importing old photos that don't have EXIF

On 29/08/17 20:31, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-08-29 21:12, Jens Georg wrote:
On 2017-08-29 14:56, Adam Funk wrote:

But Shotwell falls back to the file timestamp and puts the file
here:

You can change the event assigned to a photo or group of photos.

But that won't move the photo in the new directory, if that's what you
are after.

I place the photos in the correct directory manually, then start
shotwell. The photos do not move, the directories are not renamed.

In my case, I do not know the exact dates, so I name the events for a
serial code of each roll, maybe the year if I know it. Some of my rolls
cover two years.

It is not optimal, I want to adapt the exif data more appropriately.

So if I manually do this (picking an arbitrary day of a known month)

$ mkdir Pictures/2001/08/01/
$ cp ~/Pictures.OLD/2001/2001-08-France/*  \
     ~/Pictures/2001/08/01/

and then run Shotwell again, it will put them in the right place in its
internal library as well as keep them in the directory I've put them in?

Thanks,
Adam