I use
  jhead -n/home/gerrit/Pictures/%Y/%m/%d/%f *.JPG
Gerrit

On 08/29/2017 09:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-08-29 21:12, Jens Georg wrote:
On 2017-08-29 14:56, Adam Funk wrote:

But Shotwell falls back to the file timestamp and puts the file
here:

You can change the event assigned to a photo or group of photos.

But that won't move the photo in the new directory, if that's what you
are after.

I place the photos in the correct directory manually, then start
shotwell. The photos do not move, the directories are not renamed.

In my case, I do not know the exact dates, so I name the events for a
serial code of each roll, maybe the year if I know it. Some of my rolls
cover two years.

It is not optimal, I want to adapt the exif data more appropriately.