Re: [Shotwell] shotwell for PCLinuxOS Mate

Hi,

The gexiv2 configure script complained that
  gobject-introspection-1.0
was missing.

That should be available from your package manager, I would have assumed.

I obtained a copy from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gobject-introspection/1.31/
and tried to compile that.
[...]
Is there a way forward from here?

Either lower Shotwell's requirements (but be aware that GExiv2 < 0.10.4
has a nasty bug giving you wrong tags sometimes) or, if you build from a
release tarball (https://download.gnome.org/sources/gexiv2/0.10/gexiv2-0.10.5.tar.xz),
you can configure without gobject-introspection and still get the
vala VAPI file (I hope; not tested)

In any case seeing all the work that has been done to
get shotwell working has deeply impressed me.

sorry about that.