Re: [Shotwell] Repairing the event field in the database

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm weary of any program modifying my photos after they have been created. If shotwell had a method of e.g. exporting a json file containing a mapping between the MD5 of a file and its tags, and allow importing it, I would be much more likely to use it.

Bugs happen, and I don't want to risk shotwell garbling any photos.

That said, I know enough of the database by now so that I could do the following:

1. Export the TagTable, e.g. to a table as above.
2. Erase the old database.
3. Write a script to reimport the tags.

If I can't figure out why shotwell keeps corrupting the database, I'll most likely try that.

Regards,
Dov