Re: [Shotwell] Any progress on writing metadata back to Nikon NEF files?

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry michael gmail com> wrote:
I have just read about the sidecar files which are used to attach metadata to RAW files - from a position of ignorance, it looks to me as if this might be a better way of dealing with the issue.

That's a more likely way we'd go if we were to offer writing RAW metadata.

Do you have a suggestion for how the message would look?  "Writing metadata to files (not RAW)" doesn't read very well.

-- Jim