[Shotwell] Can't import from card, Shotwell 'auto-importing' nothing

Hi, I'm running Shotwell 0.18.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. I keep my photos, and the database, on an external hard drive and run shotwell with the datadir flag.

Today I have been trying to import photos from an SD card, but it doesn't seem to be working, and I'm getting a lot of errors in the terminal like this:

L 2392 2014-11-10 20:26:08 [CRT] EventDirectoryItem.vala:109: Unable to fetch preview for Event [525/182535] New Camera: Failed to open file '/media/user/XTHD/Camera/thumbs/thumbs360/thumb0000000000000d2e.jpg': No such file or directory

and then this at the bottom:

L 2392 2014-11-10 20:29:37 [CRT] AppWindow.vala:673: A fatal error occurred when accessing Shotwell's library.  Shotwell cannot continue.

(DatabaseTable.update_text_by_id_2 PhotoTable.filename) [11] - database disk image is malformed

I'm also getting this popup in the GUI:

Shotwell
A fatal error occurred when accessing Shotwell's library.  Shotwell cannot continue.

(DatabaseTable.update_text_by_id_2 PhotoTable.filename) [11] - database disk image is malformed

OK. So I tried to use my db.bk file but this gave me the 'malformed' error immediately and closed Shotwell. So I went to my manual back up. This will start up fine, until I leave it alone for a few minutes. Then, It will just keep saying it's auto-importing photos, and it will do it over and over again. It will get to 100%, then say it's preparing to auto-import photos, then import to 100% again, and again. I have no idea what it could be importing, as no camera is plugged in. Every time it does this, the 'import' is slower and it slows down the rest of Shotwell more.

Anyway, I am afraid to make a bigger mess than I already have, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.