[Shotwell] copying shotwell thumbnails

Hi shotwell developers,

first of all thank you for developing this awesome program! It is one of the reasons I could convince my wife to use Linux :-)

Now a question: When I move my photo library from one computer to another, I manage to copy the database just fine. However it is very annoying to not have the thumbnails anymore, because browsing the photo database is much more difficult with all the loading. I tried copying the .cache/shotwell folder from the computer where the thumbnails exist, but still, when I browse the library on the new computer all thumbnails are missing and have to be regenerated.

Is this intended or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Holger