Re: Trust self-signed root CA certificate?

Apologies, I forgot to CC the mailing list :|

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM, George Barrett <bob bob131 so> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM, a.gnome <a gnome icewater org> wrote:
How do I import a self-signed root CA certificate such that Epiphany
accepts its certificates?

To the best of my knowledge, Epiphany doesn't use the GNOME keyring for certificate verification. You'll have to add the CA to your system certificate store. On Fedora this is located at /etc/pki/ca-trust. If you add your cert (in PEM format) to /etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors/ and run update-ca-trust as root, Epiphany should be able to validate certs against your newly added CA cert.

The paths and update mechanism vary from distro to distro, but the basic process is the same: add a new anchor cert and regenerate the CA store. If you Google "add root CA <distro name here>" then you should get some results.

Good luck