ed25519 SSH keys?

Hello Seahorse people.  First, thanks for a really nice tool.

Second, I'm wondering if there are any plans for Seahorse to accommodate
ed25519 SSH keys.

Right now in the (admittedly somewhat old) Seahorse version I have
(3.10.2), if I try to import into Seahorse an ed25519 SSH key from the
list of SSH keys in my ~/.ssh directory, I get the following error
message:

<key name in bold>
Could not display '<key name>'
Reason: Unrecognized or unsupported data.

Of course I get no such error message when I import an RSA key, but it
appears that Seahorse hasn't yet heard of ed15519.

Or has it?  Would I be able to import an ed25519 key into a newer
version of Seahorse?  (I've combed through changelogs of the recent
versions looking for any mention of ed25519, and haven't found any.)

If not, would this be something the developers are thinking about for
upcoming versions?

--
Melvin Q. Watchpocket