Re: Suppress triggering Seahorse from the command line?

2012/10/7 Adam Schreiber <sadam gnome org>:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Patrick Drechsler <list pdrechsler de> wrote:
>> The following example triggers Gnome/Seahorse.
>>
>> echo "FOO" > readme.txt
>> gpg -c --symmetric --passphrase secret readme.txt
>>
>> Can I prevent this from happening on the command line only for this example?
>
> I suspect what you mean is the agent dialog appears?  If this is the
> case, add the command line switch --no-use-agent to your command.

Thanks for the feedback Adam!

My version of gpg says the this is a "dummy option". From man gpg:

--no-use-agent
              This is dummy option. gpg2 always requires the agent.

$gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.19
libgcrypt 1.5.0

Just for the record, on StackOverflow I received the following answer,
which prevents the agent dialog from appearing:

gpg --batch -c --passphrase secret readme.txt

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12764789/suppress-triggering-seahorse-from-the-command-line

Cheers,

Patrick