Re: decrypting a keyring file

On 2012-02-21 15:32, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Suppose I had a keyring file from a ~/.gnome2/keyrings directory that
was encrypted and I knew the passphrase for it but didn't have an actual
gnome system I could drop it onto to let the keyring daemon read it.

How could I decrypt the file to get the contents out?  I'm not adverse
to development so even code snippets or algorithm pointers would be most
welcome.

Sorry for the delayed answer... There's a tool in gnome-keyring build tree that does this. It also tries to handle slightly corrupted key files:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-keyring/tree/pkcs11/secret-store/tests/dump-keyring0-format.c

Does that do the trick?

Cheers,

Stef