Re: Building seahorse from source

On 01/02/2012 10:27 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to build seahorse from the latest git sources on Fedora 16,
> and am getting the following unmet dependencies:
>
> gmodule-2.0 gio-2.0 gthread-2.0 gtk+-3.0 >= 2.90.0

For these you'll need to install the glib and gtk3 devel packages. I'm
not on my Fedora system right now, so I'm not sure what they're called
exactly.

> gcr-3 >= 3.3.3

Here you'll need to build and install the latest gcr library. This
contains a lot of the widget and functionality used in seahorse.

> Do I need some fancy jhbuild stuff to make this installable?  Any tips
> would be appreciated.  Thanks,

jhbuild allows you to build this stuff without overriding what's on your
system which is much safer.

A simple 'jhbuild build seahorse' would do the trick.

Cheers,

Stef