Some questions

Hi mailing list,
Sorry if you end up geting this message twice. I sent essentially the
same message without subscribing first and I don't know where that went.

I'm using Seahorse 3.2.2 with Fedora 16.
I admit that I don't know anything about seahorse or gnome keyrings.
I have some questions though. I don't understand why its not possible
to move a password from one keyring to another within seahorse.
Furthermore shouldn't programs that use seahorse plugins, give me an
option of what keyring to save passwords in (this isn't
necessarily a seahorse problem per se but its a related
ecosystem problem which isn't addressed in any program that I use,
such as evolution, epiphany, pigdin, you name it).
I am saying this because
some information, such as banking passwords, I would like to keep
in a separate keyring that's locked 99% of the time, and the login
keyring is unlocked the whole time i'm logged in. (I did manage to do this,
but I had to unpassword protect and manually manipulate the keyring
files which seemed unsatisfactory).

Should I just set another keyring to be the default one (which won't
be auto-unlocked at login) and go with that? If i am supposed to do
something like this for heightened security it seems like a copout
when I can't just choose between keyrings when saving passwords
(which is what I *should* be able to do).

Please tell me if I am misunderstanding things and, if so, what
documentation i should read to get a correct understanding of the
overall security model.

With thanks,
  Mike W.