Passhprase not stored when entered through "Configure Key for Secure Shell" dialog

(Please CC me in replies, I'm not on the list)

Hey folks,

I've observed an issue with the storing of passphrases for SSH keys.
From within Seahorse, when I right-click an SSH key and pick "Configure
Key for Secure Shell" option and enter some hostname, I get a prompt for
the passphrase for that particular key (If I didn't unlock it before).
Now, when I enter a passphrase and check "Automatically unlock this
keyring whenever I'm logged in", the key gets unlocked, but the
passphrase does not get stored in my login keyring as I would expect.

When I complete the process, lock the key again with "ssh-add -D" and
connect to that particular host with ssh, I get the same passphrase
prompt again. If I now check the same checkbox, the passphrase does get
stored normally. I've already tried restarting seahorse after entering
my passphrase to rule out a cache / display issue.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a gnome-keyring issue (I think the
dialog is from gnome-keyring) or a seahorse issue (since it only seems
to occur when the dialog is triggered from seahorse), but I got the idea
that those projects are tied pretty closely anyway.

All of this is using version 2.30.1, but looking at the changelogs for
recent (development) releases suggests nothing related was changed since
then.

Can others confirm this behaviour?

Gr.

Matthijs