Re: seahorse/libcryptui gtk3 build problems.

On 2010-10-12 07:29, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> Hello Stef!

Hi! Thanks for catching that. BTW, seahorse-list gnome org is a really
good place to post this stuff. Or bugzilla.

> While trying to build seahorse against Gtk+ 3 I ran into a minor problem
> with gir generation, apparently 2.0 is still hardcoded for Gtk+ version.
> Patch attached.

The patch looks good. Do you have commit access to git.gnome.org? If so
go ahead and commit it.

> When looking closer at what's going on I think there's a bigger problem
> with libcryptui that needs to be handled for Gtk+ 3.0, but I'm no expert
> on this topic.
>
> Since Gtk+ 2.0 and 3.0 (obviously) are ABI incompatible, this will
> affect the ABI of libcryptui. The SONAME (LIBCRYPTUI_CURRENT) probably
> needs to be bumped (atleast when building against gtk+ 3.0)?
> (Maybe you even want to support building both versions at the same time?)

libcryptui is going to go away this release cycle. The good parts are
going to become part of libgcr (in the gnome-keyring module). So that's
why we haven't really gone into the work of making it parallel installable.

> Another problem I ran into when building in jhbuild is that libcryptui
> doesn't add GTK_CFLAGS, GCONF_CFLAGS etc to LIBCRYPTUI_CFLAGS, but still
> uses gtk+ and gconf. I guess the includes works themselves out if you
> have both gtk+ and gconf headers in /usr/include... don't know what's
> going on with _LIBS though...

Thanks for looking into this. Do you have a patch that fixes it for you?

Cheers,

Stef