Re: Turn default keyring into login keyring

On 08/05/2010 11:50 AM, Adam Kłobukowski wrote:
> Hello
>
> Currently, I have two keyrings: default and login.
>
> login is empty, default has entries.
>
> I'd like to have only one, login keyring with entries from default, so I
> do not have to enter password for it (I'd like it to unlock on log-in).
> How can I do that?

I think this should work:

 * Backup your ~/.gnome2/keyrings directory in case something
   goes wrong.

 * Change the password for the default keyring to match your
   login password.

 * And then rename the file in ~/.gnome2/keyrings.

 * Log out and log back in.

The mechanics of how this works may change in the future, so mailing
list archive readers beware.

Cheers,

Stef