Re: How to add a pkcs#11 interface to seahorse

On 2010-04-01 23:12, François Pérou wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am writing a tutorial explaining how to use OpenSSH with smart cards.
> Using OpenSSH / Scp with smart cards / PKCS#11:
> http://www.gooze.eu/howto/using-openssh-scp-with-smart-cards-pkcs11
>
> I failed to use ssh-add to inform the ssh-agent of keys on smart card.
> I wonder if this is possible to use Seahorse to add a pkcs#11 device.

We're close to having this implemented. gnome-keyring and seahorse
contain code for this, but all the dots aren't connected yet. The last
release gnome-keyring majored on XDG password storage called the Secrets
Service API, so the PKCS#11 work went on hold.

But this should be possible soon. Or if you'd like to contribute, let me
know.

BTW, I'll be giving a talk at GUADEC about PKCS#11 in GNOME and having a
common key storage and integration of common certificate/key interfaces.
More details to come...

Cheers,

Stef