S/MIME and "Uknown IPC Command"

Hello:

A problem I have come across using s-mime plugin with claws mail on
Fedora 12 -- if seahorse-agent is used, it cannot verify s/mime
signatures due to "Unknown IPC Command" error. If I use the default
gpg-agent from gnupg, everything appears to work correctly.

$ rpm -q seahorse seahorse-plugins gpgme gnupg
seahorse-2.29.1-1.fc12.x86_64
seahorse-plugins-2.29.1-1.fc12.x86_64
gpgme-1.1.8-2.fc12.x86_64
gnupg-1.4.10-1.fc12.x86_64

I haven't yet put this into bugzilla, in case I'm looking in the wrong
places and this is a configuration error, rather than software error.

Regards,
--
McGill University IT Security
Konstantin Ryabitsev