Re: gnome-keyring old GtkEntry copies

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> GTK+ has gained a model-view abstraction in GtkEntry, which should
> allow us to get rid to the copy-pasted clones of old GtkEntry versions
> that are floating around in some places, e.g. gnome-keyring and
> seahorse.
>
> It would be cool to have that as a goal for 2.30, what do you think ?

Yes for sure. I've had it as something I wanted to get done, and have
patches available. I believe Adam is also interested in making sure this
gets done.

I would have already done this in gnome-keyring, but we have a massive
merge coming up in about a month in gnome-keyring. This will bring in
the new 'secrets service' DBus API code, and the branching of
libgnome-keyring into its own module.

I wanted to coordinate that with the branching of gnome-keyring for
gnome-2-28, so didn't want to have too much code churn before then.

But again, definitely a goal for 2.30.

Cheers,

Stef