Re: [GSoC08]Some questions.

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Zhang Shunchang <freebsd13 gmail com> wrote:
> hi,
> First,thanks for your comments at
> http://zscssoc2008blog.blogspot.com/2008/06/recent-updates.html.
>
> i have done the combobox using libcryptui from Seahorse. But
> when i am thinking about import the public keys from a signed/encrypted
> message, some difficulty occurs. There is no public APIs for fetching
> the GPG Key ID from CamelMimeMessage, some guy(maybe the maintainer of
> the GMime) suggests me to think about the gmime, which is good. But i
> don't want to introduce any other libs to my project.
>
> Now i use a very dirty way and can get the GPG key ID(8 hex digit, which
> should be display_id or short_keyid in Seahorse). However, i found the
> DiscoverKeys() needs the raw keyids. So the question is: how to discover
> and import key only using GPG Key ID(8 hex digit, display id)? Is there
> any good pointers to do that?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> --
> Zhang Shunchang
>
> NLP-group, ISCAS
> http://www.cipsc.org.cn/~zsc
> PGP Key ID: 30F9C5B9
> fingerprint:7362 C766 1ED0 0AAF B994  CD83 1BD1 144E 30F9 C5B9

I think what needs to happen is MatchKeys needs to be extended to
search remotely as well.  I'm in the middle of getting ready for a
conference and don't have time to look at it and I can't speak for
Stef.  You ought to find code similar to what would need to extend it
in how the 'seahorse' program searches for keys.  I can probably find
time to help explain things if you have questions.

Cheers,

Adam