Re: Seahorse ate my public keyring

On 9/27/07, Christopher R. Maden <crism maden org> wrote:
> Does Seahorse wait a few minutes after a change to update files on disk?
> Does it poll for net updates to known keys?  Could it fight with the
> command-line GnuPG that Evolution calls?

Seahorse accesses the functions you mentioned through GPGME, so any
changes on the disk would be done at its choosing.  I'm not sure what
you mean by "net updates", but seahorse doesn't go out to the key
servers automatically unless you have selected the two check boxes at
the bottom of the Key Servers tab in the preferences.  Having either
of those two selected should not ever result in the loss of keys, only
the addition or updating of.  As we use GPGME, any fighting with the
command line client would be at that level.

Adam