Insecure memory

Hi,

I am running GNOME seahorse 0.9.10 on my Debian Gnome 2.18/2.20 amd64 desktop, and in the "Cached Encryption Keys" dialog i get the following message:

Warning: Your system is not configured to cache passphrases in secure memory.

Running seahorse from the command line show similar results
~$ seahorse

** (process:12556): WARNING **: can't lock memory: Cannot allocate memory
WARNING: not using secure memory for passwords

I have googled for this, but found nothing.  How do I get seahorse to use secure memory?
I don't get this warning on another debian system I have.

Cheers,

James Utter