Questions about Seahorse

At Sun, we are currently working to try and integrate Seahorse into
Solaris.  However, we are running into some problems.  We notice that
Seahorse has a hard dependency on GnuPG and GPGME.  Digging deeper, I
notice that GnuPG is GPLv3 and it depends on libksba which is also
GPLv3.

Unfortunately, on Solaris we cannot yet ship GPLv3 components.  So I am
wondering how we can move forward.  Would it be possible to modify
Seahorse to avoid needing GnuPG, and instead make it an optional
dependency that is not used on Solaris?  What functionality in Seahorse
would break or become non-functional if we were to do this?  Anything
serious?  Is there an older or alternative version of GnuPG we could
consider using that is under a GPLv2 license?

Or, considering our situation, does it make more sense for us to
continue using the older gnome-keyring-manager instead of Seahorse
until we can consider shipping GPLv3 components?  Can the latest
gnome-keyring-manager be used with the latest gnome-keyring code?
Assuming it is possible, what are the drawbacks of this choice?

I am hoping some people on the Seahorse development team might be able
to suggest some ideas on how we can move forward while we are unable
to integrate GPLv3 components.

Thanks,

--

Brian