MPlayer can't disable the gnome screensaver 3.6 in Arch Linux, Fedora 18

In SMPlayer there is an option to disable the screensaver, but it does not work.
The tick box is checked by default but still it doesn't work.

SMPlayer > Options> Preferences > General > Video > Disable Screensaver.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open SMPlayer
2. Load a Movie
3. Wait.... wait... SCREENSAVER.... (ruins the movie).
But vlc works fine in gnome 3.6 and xfce4.

If I use xfce with a edit in "~/.mplayer/config" as  heartbeat-cmd="xscreensaver-command -deactivate > /dev/null" it works good.

But if I add  heartbeat-cmd="gnome-screensaver-command -p &>/dev/null", It doesn't work in gnome 3.6.

It happens in Fedora 18 too.

Since I moved to mplayer version 35368-1, The screensaver enables for a 5 -10 seconds and disables.

Is there anything I could do to have a usual function back?

Thanks for reading,

Dr. Piruthiviraj Natarajan