gnome-screensaver authenticates users through GDM

Hi,

I'm from Sun Beijing Desktop team. Now I'm trying to port
gnome-screensaver to Solairs.

On Solaris, a process of the normal user can not authenticate users
through PAM, it must be a suid program or a root program. Since GDM
already has a process that can do that, do you think that
gnome-screensaver
can make use of the interfaces of GDM to authenticate users? If
possible, could someone give some hints how to do that?

I've heard that Jon McCann had ever planned to integrate the functions
of gnome-screensaver into GDM. But it may need a long time. So before
that, as the first step, GDM can provide PAM authentication
interfaces that allow others use them.

Cheers!

Jeff