Re: gnome-screensaver 0.0.23

Jaap Haitsma wrote:
I find it very weird that typing break and g-p-m should depend on an end
user app (a screensaver) to know if the keyboard/mouse is idle. Sounds
much more logical that keyboard/mouse idle detection is done some where
deeper in the software stack.

In the end, on an X based system, it's all going to come from querying
the X server anyway.   I know I'm going to regret asking this, but
would that be the logical place to do it?   Or a small X client application
that sits on top of the X server and effectively serves as a X protocol
<-> DBUS translation layer for idle time messages?

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan coopersmith sun com