Re: how to communicate with gnome panel's applet

Am Freitag 06 Mai 2011, 11:59:56 schrieb Rodrigo Amestica:
> Hi,
>
> in gnome I'm running the sticky notes applet. I looks like this:
>
> /usr/libexec/stickynotes_applet
> --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_StickyNotesApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=22
>
> I'm trying to find out a way to bind a command such that the applet
> would pop-up the notes window.
>
> Does any boddy know how to communicate with an applet like this?
>
> many thanks,
>  Rodrigo
>
> ps: for popping up the gnow main menu I use this:
>
> (send-client-message w '_GNOME_PANEL_ACTION
>                              (vector (x-atom '_GNOME_PANEL_ACTION_MAIN_MENU)
> (x-server-timestamp)) 32)
>
> where 'w' is the name of the panel's window. But I cannot find a way
> to communicate with applets within the panel.

AFAIK there isn't a way like this, except running the above command.

(system "blah &")

The one for the GNOME main-menu is a special one. ... though, some applets
might have a DBus command for things like this, but you'd be better off asking
at a GNOME-related Mailinglist.