librep and string-match, and new version of dmg-switch-window

hi everybody,

I wonder if this was intentional, or a side effect.

string-match is now failing with an error when passed a nil, rather than
just returning false:

for example:

The classname of a window returns ()

And this will fail (and abort) with an error message:

 (string-match input (window-class w) 0 t)

I have fixed the code by checking if (window-class w) is true, but that
seems to be unnecessary. Shouldn't the function simply return false if
no parameter is passed to it?

and while I am at it, here is a new version of incremental search to
switch to a window (which was failing with windows that had no class)
due to the above "feature":

http://turingmachine.org/hacking/sawfishLisp/

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/