Re: sawfish has lost a window - window is found with xdotool

Teika Kazura said:     (by the date of Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:47:50 +0900 (JST))

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 01:10:42 +0200, Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > janek atak:~$ xwininfo -id 0x3000024 -all
> > [...]
> >   Map State: IsUnviewable
>
> Does this mean it got unmapped? If it was unmapped not by Sawfish, and
> unmmaped window get removed from the Sawfish window list, it is not
> Sawfish's bug.

In this case it was a very common window: an xterm. And I was doing
nothing with it, it was just sitting there and showing
'watch -n10 last'. It is very unlikely that it was unmapped by anything.

> It doesn't seem you can unmap managed windows from Sawfish.
> The arg of `x-unmap-window' is not a lisp window.
>
> A wild guess : VRAM out of memory with too many windows? I don't know
> this kind of thing at all.

This workstation has 32GB of RAM, that's a LOT. And it runs debian
squeeze 64bit. It's very unlikely that you could run out of memory.
Unless sawfish has its internal memory limit, smaller than 32GB.

Crrently sawfish is using: 117MB VIRT, 12M RES, and 4MB SHR according
to htop. Whatever it means. I guess 'virtual', 'resident' and
'shared'. It uses 120MB according to ps auxw. The limit could be at 128MB ?

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |