Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 1.6.3 released!

On 25/05/10 04:12, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Am Mon, 24 May 2010 22:59:54 +1000
schrieb Allan Duncan<amd2345 fastmail com au>:

On 24/05/10 21:41, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Am Mon, 24 May 2010 20:11:38 +1000
schrieb Allan Duncan<amd2345 fastmail com au>:

Hi,

the problem has been reported, but the cause is not so obvious at first sight, as
not everyone got the issue (seems to be compile-lib-batch (…)). Apply one of the
following hunks to work-around the issue:

Do you mean Either Or of the two hunks in the patch file?
Applying both made the compile happy, but I'm not going to risk breaking
a working system by installing it.

Just one of them, which one doesn't matter. You won't risk any breakage.

Which lib do you think is involved?  The system is incrementally
updated, so the libs used for librep on 10 Jan will almost certainly
changed.  I'll try recompiling librep and rep-gtk tomorrow to see if the
original 1.6.3 works.

No, no lib. for bytecompiling, several rep-commands are available.
compile-batch and compile-lib-batch are two of them. And it seems that
compile-lib-batch causes this issue (somewhat randomly).

Well I tried recompiling librep and rep-gtk but the sawfish compile fell over on "void-value prompt-completion-fun" again. Using the first patch hunk made it all beautiful.

Curious though. Is there some interaction with multiple cores and parallel compiles? I had that with something else the other day. The makefile for lame has the test
    test -d $(distdir) || mkdir $(distdir)
in a loop, and there are parallel invocations of the test before the mkdir has happened. It should have just been
    mkdir -p $(distdir)
anyway, no need for the test.