Re: Per-head virtual desktops?

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:44:19 +0100, GSR - FR wrote:
> kas fi muni cz (2010-02-24 at 2059.11 +0100):
>> is it possible to configure sawfish on a dual-head desktop to have
>> per-head virtual desktop switching? I would like to use ctrl(+shift)+arrow to
>> switch virtual desktops on current head only.
>
> Currently no, but you can put a window in multiple workspaces at the
> same time.

There's 'sticky-head' script on wiki, but someone said it's not so stable:
http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky-head

You've got two heads, right? Then extending GSR's idea, how about this?

Make windows in the head 1 sticky (= appear in all workspaces), and
those in head 2 sticky-viewport.

Write a command which behaves as next-workspace in head 1, and
next-viewport in head 2. You can use (current-head) function for it.

If you don't know lisp, ask again.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)